With Tesla beginning to deliver customer orders of its latest Model Y in March 2020, the small crossover SUV is expected to be one of Tesla’s most popular models ever.
As you already probably know, the Model Y is based on the Model 3. It’s an SUV version of the Model 3 that can haul more stuff and is a little bit roomier. It can also fit up to 7 people inside with its optional third-row seat – just like Tesla’s larger SUV, the Model X.
Aside from being slightly larger, the Tesla Model Y has lots of small differences and improvements over the older Model 3. This means that a lot of accessories made for the Model 3 will not fit the Model Y, despite their many similarities.
Also Read: Best Tesla Model 3 Accessories
To make sure you get the right car accessories, we’ve compiled an extensive list of must-have accessories that will work flawlessly with the Tesla Model Y.
1. AutofitPro Model Y Floor Mats
Whether you’re driving to work or going on an epic road trip, a set of custom-fitted floor mats will keep your Model Y’s carpet clean and mold-free.
These Model Y floor mats are made by AutofitPro – a company that specializes in high quality yet affordable interior accessories.
AutofitPro uses 3D scanners and computerized cutting machines to make the most accurate patterns for their floor mats and other car accessories. This ensures a perfect fit even for newly released vehicles like the Model Y.
Their Model Y floor mats are made using polyurethane synthetic leather to give it durability and water-resistance. An extra layer of polyethylene foam underneath the leather makes it plush and comfortable under your feet. The backs also have a unique hook pattern to keep it from slipping.
Aside from its high-quality construction, these floor mats also feature a luxurious quilted design making the Model Y’s interior look even more premium. Its contoured one-piece construction ensures full coverage across the entire floorboard, the sides leading to the center console, and the top of the driver and passenger footwells. The driver-side floor mat also has an integrated heel pad to protect it from excessive wear.
- Designed using 3D scanning and computerized cutting machines to ensure a precise fit for the Tesla Model Y
- The premium quilted design gives the Model Y a more high-end looking interior
- One-piece design provides full coverage of the floorboards, footwells, and sides of the floorboard
- Driver-side floor mat features an integrated heel pad for extra wear-resistance
- Polyurethane synthetic leather upper for extra durability and water-resistance
- Polyethylene foam backing for superior comfort
- The back of the floor mats have a special hook pattern to prevent it from slipping
- Handcrafted construction with individual inspection prior to shipping
- Easy to install and clean
- Includes driver, passenger, and rear passenger floor mats
- 3-year warranty
- Premium design and construction
- Precise fit with full coverage of the entire floorboard area
- Water-resistant materials make it easy to clean
- Reasonably priced
2. SanDisk 500GB Extreme Portable External SSD
The SandDisk 500GB Extreme Portable External SSD is a must-have accessory for your Model Y if you want to take advantage of its built-in TeslaCam and SentryCam functionality.
Many people also use USB flash drives, but those only go up to 256 GB and have lower read/write speeds. Flash drives also don’t last very long when subjected to continuous usage.
The Sandisk Extreme Portable SSD can go up to 2 TB which is more than enough to store all the footage your car can record, as well as all your music and data. Small USB drives can also get easily lost which makes this rugged external SSD a better option.
The Sandisk Extreme uses USB-C which the Model Y has a dedicated port for in the center console. Its ruggedized case also make it shock, dust, and water-resistant. The SSD can also withstand extreme temperatures.
- Rugged external SSD
- Enables TeslaCam and SentryCam functionality
- Can store tons of video and music; Capacities ranging from 500 GB to 2 TB
- USB-C interface with included USB-A adapter
- IP55 rated; water and dust-resistant
- Shock and vibration-resistant
- Rated for non-operating temperatures of -20 to 70 C and operating temperatures of 0 to 45 C
- 3-year warranty
- Great value given its array of features
- Compatible with Model Y USB-C port
- Very good durability
3. Kenriko Model Y Console Wrap Kit
The Kenriko Matrix Console Wrap Kit gives the Model Y’s center console a textured matte finish and protects it from scratches.
This custom-fitted center console vinyl wrap is more than just an aesthetic add-on. A lot of people don’t like the high-gloss piano black finish of Tesla’s center consoles because it’s a magnet for fingerprints and smudges. It gets smudges even with a light touch and is completely unavoidable even if you wipe it down daily.
By applying this vinyl wrap kit, you’ll greatly improve your ownership experience and your quality of life.
It comes with two sets of wraps for the cup holder area, which is bound to get used a lot and spilled on. It also comes with single wraps for the middle storage area lid and the upper center console lid. You’ll also get two plastic installation blades in different sizes, a small microfiber cloth, an alcohol lens wipe, and an instruction manual.
- Matte vinyl wrap designed for the Tesla Model 3 and Model Y center console
- Eliminates fingerprint marks and smudges caused by the glossy piano black finish
- Protects against scratches and scrapes
- Elegant design gives your center console a more premium look
- Comes with two wraps for the cup holder area, and single wraps for the storage area and top lids
- Kit includes two sizes of installation blades, a microfiber cloth, a lens wipe, and an instruction manual
- Detailed installation video available on YouTube
- Cheap upgrade for your Model Y interior
- Eliminates annoying fingerprint smudges
- Comes with a second wrap for the cupholder area
- Some may find installation a little challenging
4. SUMK Model Y Tempered Glass Screen Protector
The SUMK Model Y Screen Protector is a very affordable insurance package for your Model Y’s touchscreen.
One of the key features of the Model Y’s interior and overall driving experience is the touchscreen. While it’s not going to be dropped and get smashed like your smartphone, many Tesla owners still want the extra protection of a screen protector.
The Model Y screen can still get scratched by really hard objects. The oleophobic coating may also wear off over time just like on a smartphone and make even more of a fingerprint magnet.
SUMK’s screen protector is made out of tempered glass that boasts a 9H hardness rating – meaning the glass itself also won’t easily get scratched. It is also laser-cut to provide a seamless fit, so you won’t even notice it’s there.
- Protects your Model Y screen from scratches
- Tempered glass screen protector with 9H hardness rating
- Keeps your touchscreen looking like brand new
- Laser-cut for an exact fit and blends in seamlessly with the factory screen
- Has oleophobic coating
- Includes screen protector and cleaning wipes
- Very affordable
- Provides extra protection for your screen
- Excellent fit
- Doesn’t reduce glare
- Oleophobic coating doesn’t prevent fingerprint marks
5. INNOSURE Model Y Anti-Glare Screen Protector
The most common complaint about Tesla touchscreens is that they’re difficult to read in direct sunlight. Aside from being very reflective, it’s also a huge fingerprint magnet which makes it even harder to read.
Since the large touchscreen is the main focus of the Model Y’s dashboard, seeing a shiny black screen filled with lots of smudges can really grind your gears.
The INNOSURE Anti-Glare Screen Protector is a cheap and really effective solution to all these annoying problems. It has matte finish which makes the screen easier to see during the day, and also doesn’t show any fingerprint marks no matter how much you use the screen.
It’s also a great screen protector that prevents your touchscreen from getting scratched. The screen protector itself is also very scratch resistant. It’s made out of very thick tempered glass that has a hardness rating of 9H.
Installing the screen is very easy and can be done in less than five minutes. It’s also guaranteed to be an exact fit and even curves along the bottom to match the contours of the Model Y touchscreen.
- Protects the touchscreen from scratches
- Anti-glare matte finish makes the screen easier to read during the daytime
- Uses 0.33mm thick tempered glass with 9H hardness rating
- Excellent fit for Model Y and Model 3 touchscreen
- Comes with oleophobic coating
- Easy to install
- Makes touchscreen easier to read
- Doesn’t show fingerprint smudges
- Protects the screen from damage
- Excellent fit
- Reduces brightness of the touchscreen
- Almost double the price of other Tesla screen protectors
6. BASENOR RGB LED Strip Lights for Model Y
If you want to make the interior of your Model Y look even more futuristic with some ambient lighting, the BASENOR RGB light kit will do the job nicely.
These LED strip lights will fit perfectly along the sides of the entire center console and will look like a factory option when they’re turned off.
Installation is simple and requires no tools. You can easily slip the LED strips between the small gap where the upholstery meets the edge of the center console. The lighting kit is powered by the 12-volt accessory outlet in the storage area under the armrest.
Once everything is set up, you can control the RGB lighting using a smartphone app. It can even change colors along with your music. The LED strip is able to produce up to 16 million colors and you can customize your cabin’s ambient lighting however you want.
- Adds ambient lighting to your car’s interior cabin
- Custom-cut to look like a factory option
- Easy to install with no tools required
- Powered by 12-volt accessory outlet underneath the armrest
- RGB lighting controlled by a smartphone app
- Has many color-changing effects; Includes music mode
- Can produce up to 16 million colors
- Great for adding ambient lighting inside the car
- Looks elegant even when turned off
- Very affordable
- Easy to install
- Wiring and connectors will make your armrest storage area look cluttered
- Light strips will heat up mildly
7. CupHolderHero Model Y Center Console Liner
CupHolderHero’s cupholder and center console liners provide a textured non-slip rubber surface for all of the Tesla Model Y’s center console storage areas and cubby holes.
These rubber liners keep all your personal items from moving around while driving. It also helps keep the bottom surfaces of the storage areas, and its nooks and crannies clean and scratch-free.
If you accidentally spill coffee inside the cupholder, you can simply wipe off the sides and the liner’s textured surface will catch the liquids and other debris. Just take out the liner and the bottom of the cupholder will remain spotless.
It also protects the plastic interior pieces from scratches when you place heavy or sharp objects that can constantly move around while you’re driving. In addition, the liners also keep down the noise your personal belongings can make when they’re being knocked around on bumpy roads.
The liners fit the surfaces they’re designed for perfectly and have a non-slip bottom to keep them in place and prevent them from flopping around.
This center console liner kit also includes a plastic organizer for the middle storage area that provides more storage compartments.
Different trim colors are also available to suit your personal style.
- Keeps center console storage areas clean and scratch-free
- Adds a textured non-slip surface to the bottom of each cubby hole to catch liquids and keep your belongings from moving around
- Designed to fit perfectly in each storage area
- A sticky non-slip bottom keeps the liners in place
- Makes cleaning up spills, food crumbs and other debris very easy
- Each liner has a small tab for easy removal and cleaning
- The kit comes with 7 rubber liners in total
- Includes an organizer tray with more storage compartments for the middle storage area
- Available in different trim colors
- Well thought out design
- Comes with extra organizer tray
- Largest liner is a bit smaller to accommodate organizer tray
8. BASENOR Model Y Center Console Organizer
This is a nifty accessory that gives you more storage hidden under the Model Y’s armrest.
It fits snugly in the empty hollowed-out area of the armrest. You can easily slide it in and out if you want to take it with you at a moment’s notice, or install it more permanently using the built-in adhesive tape.
Once installed, it’s very well-hidden and out of sight, so you can use it to stealthily store important items like your garage door opener, spare keys, USB drives, and accessory cables.
With the sliding cover in the closed position, it blends in with the factory plastics and can’t be easily seen even if you pull up the armrest – unless you know what you’re looking for. The sliding cover also keeps your valuables securely in place, so they don’t just go flying around all over the place while your driving or when you pull up the armrest.
- Adds storage space underneath the Model Y armrest lid
- Can be used as a secret storage compartment
- Has a sliding cover to keep your items securely in place
- Durable black ABS plastic matches factory plastic material
- Easy to install and remove with included double-sided tape
- Fits snugly inside the empty space under the armrest lid without using adhesive or tape
- Useful for small items like keys, garage door remotes and USB drives
- Handy hidden storage compartment
- Great fit
- Easy to install and remove
- Low price
- The sliding cover doesn’t have a locking mechanism
9. Motrobe Tesla Model Y Leather Armrest Pad
Motrobe’s leather armrest cover protects the Model Y’s armrest from scratches, tears, and color fading from sun damage.
Unlike other armrest covers, Motrobe designed this one to be a perfect fit. It also matches the Model Y’s interior colors and factory stitching perfectly so that nobody will notice it’s even there.
Installation is also very easy. Just slip the cover on top of the armrest then adjust the fit using the included elastic band and Velcro strips.
It uses high-quality artificial leather that’s even more scratch and water-resistant than the factory armrest leather. The leather is also very supple and makes the armrest more comfortable to use.
- Protects the armrest from scratches, tears, spills and sun damage
- Perfectly fits on top of the factory armrest
- Matches factory interior colors and stitching
- Easy installation using the included elastic band and Velcro strips
- Made from high-quality artificial leather
- Very affordable
- Perfectly matches the factory interior
- Provides extra protection and comfort
10. Tesla Model Y ‘Door Open’ Button Sticker Set
These stickers for the Model Y and Model 3 give your door release buttons a very visible ‘Door Open’ label that anybody can understand.
Many first-time passengers who have never ridden in a Tesla may not be able to figure out how to open the doors since the door button doesn’t have any labels on it. There are also no traditional door handles in a Tesla. If they happen to find the emergency door release handles, an emergency message will always pop up on the screen, which can be annoying.
Explaining the door release button over and over can get old really fast, especially if you’re always taking out friends and family for a ride.
This sticker set makes the door release buttons more obvious and self-explanatory. Each sticker is an exact fit and will look like it came that way from the factory.
This decal set covers the lower half of the button and keeps the white line of the door button visible. Each set has 4 stickers. You’ll also get two decal sets, so you’ll have spares in case the ones you apply wear out prematurely.
- Adds a ‘Door Open’ label to each door release button
- Makes getting out of the vehicle less confusing for new passengers
- Covers up half of the door release button
- Keeps the white line on the button visible
- Comes with 2 sticker sets for a total of 8 stickers
- Adds a universally understandable label to door buttons
- Minimizes accidental use of emergency door handles
- Comes with an extra set to be used as spares
- Relatively high price for a set of small stickers
11. Motrobe Model Y Ultra-Bright LED Puddle Lights
The Motrobe puddle lights for the Tesla Model Y are a direct replacement for the stock door puddle lights. These aftermarket LED lights project a very bright Tesla logo onto the ground when the doors are opened.
It adds a coolness factor that will impress your friends and family. These bright puddle lights also let you and your passengers clearly see what’s on the ground before exiting the vehicle.
It’s very easy to install. Just pop out the stock door lights with a small flat head screwdriver, unplug the connector, then reconnect the new lights in the same way. The entire process takes only 10 minutes.
These puddle lights use high-quality materials that won’t melt even during prolonged use. It’s also designed to draw very little power, so it won’t drain your batteries if you unintentionally leave your doors open.
- Direct-fit replacements for factory door puddle lights
- Projects a bright Tesla logo onto the ground
- Easy to install and requires minimal tools
- Uses high-quality temperature-resistant materials that won’t melt
- Low power consumption
- Each kit comes with 2 puddle lights
- Cheap upgrade
- Adds a premium look to your vehicle
- Easy to install
- You need to buy 2 pairs to upgrade all 4 doors
12. BASENOR Model Y Wind Noise Reduction Kit
BASENOR’s Wind Noise Reduction Kit for the Tesla Model Y is designed to prevent even the tiniest gaps around the edges of the doors from creating unwanted noises while you’re driving at speed.
This kit uses EPDM rubber which is the same material used for most factory door and window seals. It adds a second layer of rubber sealing to decrease the amount of wind and road noise coming into the cabin. It also keeps any heat and cold air produced by the climate control system from escaping – giving you more insulation from the elements.
The kit comes with rubber seals for all four doors. Each rubber strip wraps around the entire lower half of the door starting from the window line. It also has separate strips for the A and B pillars as well.
The strips are very easy to install and come with a very strong adhesive backing. Installation requires no tools. Just peel off the tape and carefully press the rubber seal tightly along the outer perimeter of each door. Once installed, it will look similar to the factory door seals when the doors are opened and won’t be visible from the outside.
- Removes wind and road noise caused by tiny gaps around the doors
- Designed for Tesla Model Y, Model 3, and Model S
- Wraps around the lower half of the door starting from the window line
- Includes strips for the A and B pillars
- Made using high-quality EPDM rubber
- Comes with strong adhesive backing
- Easy to install
- Looks like factory weather stripping
- Kit comes with 8 rubber seals
- Provides extra insulation against wind and road noise
- Low price
- Its strong adhesive backing is better than competing products from other brands
- Does not seal the roof or window gaps
13. Nikola Pro Model Y Door Handle Wrap Kit
Since the Model Y has the same exact door handles as the Model 3, the Nikola Pro Door Handle Wrap Kit will be a great fit for the newer crossover. It’s ideal for protecting your door handles from scratches, chips, and fingerprint smudges.
This wrap kit is available in over 12 different colors. Many of the available color options are an exact match for Tesla’s factory colors, which make them blend in seamlessly. You can also pick a different color if you want to personalize the look of your vehicle and make it stand out from other Model Y’s in the parking lot.
Nikola Pro uses high-quality 3M vinyl which is very durable and won’t fade easily. It’s also resistant to water, salts, acids, and alkali. Each piece is cut to very precise measurements to ensure a perfect fit.
It’s very easy to install and won’t leave any residue once you decide to remove it.
- Protects your door handles from scratches and paint chips
- Different color options with options that match Tesla’s factory paint
- Made using 3M 1080 vinyl that’s backed by a 6-year guarantee
- Precision cut to ensure a perfect fit
- Easy to install
- Kit includes 4 door handle wraps
- Very affordable
- Uses high-quality vinyl
- Excellent fit
- Great for protection and personalization of your vehicle
- Some color options are not an exact match for Tesla factory colors
14. BASENOR Model Y Door Lock Cover
BASENOR’s Door Lock Cover for the Tesla Model Y and Model 3 protects your door lock catches from the elements without affecting their functionality. Since your car’s door lock catches don’t have any paint on them, they are more susceptible to rust and corrosion.
The entire set comes with 4 door lock covers and 2 hinge covers for the bottom hinges of the rear doors. Each cover only takes a second to install. Simply pop them in place and the precise fit will keep them securely in place.
The plastic lock covers protect the base of the door lock catch and will keep it looking pristine for many years. The two hinge covers also keep the hinges from squeaking or creaking over time by protecting it from moisture and dirt.
Aside from preventing corrosion, these plastic covers add a more finished look to your vehicle with very little cost and effort.
- Protects door locks and hinges from corrosion and dirt
- Includes 4 door lock covers for all 4 doors, and 2 hinge covers for the rear door hinges
- Rear hinge covers prevent hinges from developing creaks and squeaks
- Made using durable ABS plastic
- Each cover has an exact fit with very tight tolerances
- Designed for Tesla Model Y and Model 3
- Easy to install; Just pop them in place and you’re good to go
- Gives your door lock a more finished look
- Very low-cost aesthetic and functional upgrade
- Doesn’t include upper hinge cover for rear doors
15. EV Wraps Model Y Tesla Decal Bundle
The EV Wraps Tesla logo decal bundle lets you easily personalize your Model Y without any expensive custom work or accessories.
These vinyl decals allow you to cover up all the chrome Tesla logos both inside and outside of the car. The entire set comes with a total of 9 vinyl stickers. You get one for each wheel, two for the signal lights, and individual decals for the logos on the frunk, rear hatch and steering wheel.
The decal bundles also come in 4 different colors: carbon fiber, matte black, satin black and satin red. You can purchase more than one set if you want to mix up the colors of your Model Y’s logos.
Each sticker is precision-cut and is made out of high-quality 3M 1080 vinyl. Installation takes only a few minutes, and if you’re worried about the process, EV Wraps has a detailed video online.
- Covers up all the chrome Tesla logos of the Model Y and Model 3
- Available in 4 colors: Carbon Fiber, Matte Black, Satin Black and Gloss Red
- Comes with 9 stickers; 4 for the wheels, 2 for the signal lights, and 1 each for the rear hatch, frunk and steering wheel
- Made using high quality 3M 1080 vinyl
- Excellent fit
- Easy to install; Includes cleaning wipes
- Personalizes your Model Y with minimal effort
- Different color options allow you to mix and match the colors of your Tesla logos
- Relatively high priced for the size of the stickers
16. BMZX Tesla Charging Cable Organizer and Wall Mount
This cable organizer keeps your Tesla’s portable charging cable safe and out of the way when it’s not being used. It features a sleek design that matches the Tesla Type 2 plug – making it look like a genuine Tesla accessory.
The included mounting bracket requires only two screws to securely attach the cable organizer to the wall. Once the bracket is attached, you can slide the cable organizer in and out whenever you want.
The organizer can accommodate longer cables. All you need to do is loop the cable around the elongated holder multiple times.
Removing the charging cable is also very easy. Simply lift the looped cable from the holder and you’re ready to go. There’s no need to unwind or untangle the cable at all.
It also has a holder for the Type 2 charging plug – protecting it from scratches, dents, debris, and moisture.
- Wall-mounted EV charging cable organizer and holder
- Integrated locking holder for Type 2 charge plug
- Loop your charging cable around the cable holder with ease
- Elongated cable holder can accommodate long cables
- Protects the charging cable from tangles, kinks, cuts, dust, and moisture
- Keeps the charging cable out of the way and always ready to use at any given moment
- Easy to install; Requires only 2 screws
- Uses heavy-duty ABS plastic
- Compatible with all Tesla EVSE portable charging cables and any charging cable that uses a Type 2 plug
- Sleek design
- Accommodates long cables
- Good build quality
- Locking Type 2 plug holder
- Some find it difficult to remove the charging plug from the holder
17. Stop & Go 1075 Tire Repair Kit
Since the Tesla Model Y doesn’t have any space for a spare tire, a tire repair kit is absolutely essential when you don’t have access to roadside assistance.
Tire sealants may look easier to use, but they’re designed to be a temporary fix that will allow you to limp your way to a tire shop. Some tire shops may also refuse to clean up the sealant from a tire, so you’ll have no other option but to buy a new one. Tire sealants also don’t seal very well in cold weather.
The Stop & Go 1075 Tire Repair Kit is a permanent solution that will allow you to do a professional patch job in a couple of minutes. The entire kit fits in a compact zippered pouch that includes all the tools you’ll need to repair any tubeless tire.
It makes plugging tires easier and doesn’t require you to remove the tire from the rim. It comes with an easy-to-use tire plug gun that will force the tire plug from the outside of the tire and seal the puncture completely.
It comes with 25 rubber plugs, and you can buy more online if you need more. The plugs also work effectively even if the puncture is on the shoulder area of the tire where most patches won’t fit.
Of course, you’ll also need to have a portable air compressor on hand to re-inflate the tire once the patch job is done.
Also Read: Portable Air Compressors
- Complete tire plug kit
- Great for emergency repairs
- Lets anyone do professional-level tire repairs
- Doesn’t require removal of tire from the rim
- Includes tire plug gun and all other tools required to fit a tire plug cleanly
- Fits in a compact zippered pouch
- Comes with 25 rubber plugs; Extra plugs can be purchased separately
- Easier to use than other tire plug kits
- Allows you to do a permanent tire repair at home or by the roadside
- Works even in cold weather
- Compact kit easily fits anywhere in your car
- Very effective on punctures in the shoulder area of the tire
- Requires an air compressor to inflate the tire after it’s been patched
- Not effective for tire sidewall punctures
18. Waterless Car Wash Wax Kit
The Wash Wax All Wet or Waterless cleaning kit from Aero Cosmetics makes car washing less of a chore than it normally is. It effectively removes all types of dirt and debris from your car and leaves it with an anti-static, non-stick, and UV protective coating that protects your vehicle’s glossy finish.
Just use the spray bottle to spray the cleaning solution all over your vehicle, including the interior if necessary, then wipe it off with a microfiber cloth after letting it soak for a couple of minutes.
You can also wash your car first with water and your favorite car wash solution, then spray on Wash Wax All and wipe it off as usual. When used with water, Wash Wax All acts like a final wax coating that makes your car very shiny and smooth. The more times you use Wash Wax All, the easier it is to wipe off.
This car cleaning product is a great alternative if you only have access to hard water which tends to leave water spots on the paint. It works on all surfaces such as glass, chrome, aluminum, plastic, rubber, leather and vinyl.
This product was developed over 30 years ago and designed for use on airplanes, and has been proven to be safe and effective on different kinds of paint. It’s also a non-toxic and eco-friendly solution that’s entirely water-based. It does not contain any alcohol or ammonia.
The kit comes with a 16-ounce spray bottle and a 1-gallon container so you can easily top it up when the spray bottle runs empty. It also comes with 4 microfiber towels that you can use to wipe down your entire car.
If you want to be extra safe, you can use additional towels to wipe down small sections of your car at a time. This prevents the dirt that accumulates on the towel from scratching up the paint.
- Waterless car cleaning solution
- Effective against all types of dirt and grime
- Leaves an anti-static UV-protective coating
- Safe to use on paint, glass, chrome, aluminum, plastic, rubber, vinyl and leather
- Includes a 16-ounce spray bottle plus an additional 1-gallon of Wash Wax All
- Comes with 4 microfiber towels
- The cleaning solution is water-based, non-toxic and biodegradable
- Developed over 30 years ago and is proven to be effective and safe
- Cuts down on water cost
- Perfect for spot cleaning and full auto detailing
- Doesn’t leave water spots
- Lower priced than other waterless car wash products
19. Armor All AA255 Wet/Dry Shop Vacuum
The Armor All AA255 Wet/Dry Shop Vacuum is one of the best cleaning devices you can buy for any car.
Battery-powered or 12-volt car vacuums may look very handy for cleaning your car interior, but in reality, they’re also very underpowered and usually don’t last very long. Portable vacuum cleaners are pretty much all the same whether you’re buying an affordable model from an unknown brand or one that costs a few hundred dollars.
A large bulky shop vac is always the best vacuum for your car, but many people don’t want to lug around such a large piece of equipment or even have the space to store one.
The Armor All AA255 has all the power and features you’ll ever need to give your car interior a deep clean. It has a very powerful 2.5 HP motor that can suck up dirt and liquids with ease. It also has a blower mode that can blast dirt out of the hard to reach places with ease.
It’s much smaller than most shop vacs that you have to wheel around and even has a convenient carrying handle. It also has 6 different nozzle attachments and has a reusable cloth filter. To top it all off, it’s also very affordable and doesn’t cost much more than most cheap handheld vacuums.
- Portable wet/dry shop vac
- Powerful 2.5 HP motor
- Can hold up to 2.5 gallons of dirt and liquids
- Built-in blower function
- 6-foot long hose
- 6 nozzle attachments
- Onboard nozzle storage
- Reusable cloth filter and foam sleeve
- Convenient carrying handle
- 10-foot cord with cord wrap
- 2-year warranty
- All-in-one wet/dry shop vac with blower
- Portable and easy to carry
- Powerful and reliable motor
- Very affordable
- Requires AC power
- No HEPA filter
Tips for New Tesla Model Y Owners
If you’re eagerly awaiting delivery of your Model Y, or just put in an order for one, or are still on the fence about buying a Model Y, check out this video for some important tips and reminders.
How Similar The Model Y Is To The Model 3
For anybody who’s been following the release of the Tesla Model Y, it’s common knowledge that it shares roughly 75% of its components with the Model 3. But until the Model Y was released into the wild, nobody was really sure which parts they share.
Here’s a quick overview from this Model Y teardown:
It’s important to know what Model 3 parts were reused in the Model Y because it allows us to have a better understanding of the accessory market. Aftermarket accessory makers may advertise their products as compatible with both models, but some are just trying to take advantage of the eagerness of new Model Y owners to upgrade their cars. Be careful of companies that are passing off Model 3 accessories as newly designed Model Y parts.
Inside the cabin, we’re completely sure that these parts are exactly the same:
- Steering wheel
- Front seats
- Center console
- Door buttons
- Window switches
- Door sills
- Door latch and door catch
- Puddle lights
- Dead pedal
- Storage areas and cubby holes
However, other interior pieces like the rear seats, sun visors and floorboards are not an exact match. This means that standard accessories like rear seat covers and floormats for one model won’t fit the other.
The Model Y has wireless charging as standard, so you don’t have to buy an aftermarket wireless charger which is a popular upgrade for the Model 3.
The USB ports in the center console have also been upgraded in the Model Y and now comes with one USB-A and one USB-C port. The Model 3 has two USB-A ports.
Integrated USB hubs made for the Model 3 won’t work as intended in the Model Y since the USB ports are completely different.
These are the exterior pieces that both models share:
- Signal lights
- Fog lights
- Rear reflectors
- Charging port
- Door handles
Due to the design of the roof and rear hatch, parts like the taillights, windows and glass roof are slightly different between the two models – even though they may look similar from afar.
If you’re thinking about getting a roof rack, your best bet is the official Tesla Roof Rack for the Model Y. It’s the safest option because other roof racks may cause your glass roof to crack.
Overall, there’s enough basic information to determine whether an aftermarket accessory will work on the Model Y the same way as it does the Model 3.
If an accessory requires an exact fit, make sure that it’s specifically designed for the Model Y and not just a repurposed item from the company’s Model 3 line.
But don’t be afraid to buy accessories and equipment that are designed to work on all vehicles. Aside from its electric motors and high-tech features, the Model Y pretty much is built just like any modern car in the market today. You can always look for cheaper alternatives that work exactly the same as a Tesla-branded product.